Some types of venues now have a legal duty to ask all customers and visitors to provide contact details, and to display an official NHS QR code poster so that customers and visitors can check into a venue using the NHS Covid-19 app.
Customer logs will now be mandatory from Friday 18 September 2020 and QR codes will be mandatory from Thursday 24 September 2020, when the NHS app launches. This currently applies if you provide:
- hospitality services, including pubs, bars, restaurants and cafés
- tourism and leisure services, including hotels, museums, cinemas, zoos and theme parks
- close contact services, including hairdressers, barbershops and tailors
- facilities provided by Local Authorities, including town halls and civic centres for events, community centres, libraries and children’s centres
- places of worship, including use for events and other community activities
An alternative check-in method, such as a handwritten register, must be maintained to collect the contact details of those who don’t have the app.
QR posters are unique to each venue. Businesses can download posters for each of their premises from the following website: www.gov.uk/create-coronavirus-qr-poster. All businesses are encouraged to start downloading and printing posters now so that they are ready for when the app launches.
Further information about the use of QR codes and the NHS app can be found on the NHS website here: covid19.nhs.uk/information-and-resources.html. For those with questions, please visit faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01183/en-us?parentid=CAT-01043&rootid=CAT-01027
For general Covid-19 information for businesses, including details of these new measures, please visit www.woking.gov.uk/coronavirus-information/business
Please contact Environmental Health on 01483 743840 or Environmental.Health@woking.gov.uk if you have any further questions.