- 22 February 2018, 7:45 AM — 10:00 AM
- Organised by:
- Woking Works
- H.G. Wells Conference & Events Centre, Church Street East Woking, GU21 6HR
Woking Works, NatWest and Surrey Chambers of Commerce bring you critical information about the new regulations for data protection.
While many questions still need to be answered by the Government before we are completely clear, the purpose of this event is to bring you up to speed as much as possible as it stands today.
To help us do this we are bringing together a panel of experts on 22 February 2018, to share their particular perspective on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). All four panelists will share their latest information and welcome questions from the floor.
- Nicky Forsyth, BreathHR
- Karen Cheeseman, Privacy Trust
- Laurie Heizler, Barlow Robbins Solicitors
What is GDPR?
From 25 May 2018, individuals will have the right to have their personal data erased, otherwise known as 'the right to be forgotten', in compliance with GDPR.
- What does this mean for business?
- In what circumstances will that right apply?
- Will there be legitimate reasons not to comply?
- What if explicit consent to process the data has been given?
- Should third party organisations be informed of the deletion?
Currently, the maximum fines being issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) are £500,000. On 25 May 2018, this will increase to a maximum of £18 million or 4% of your global annual turnover.
Personal data is one of your businesses most valuable assets. Your database is your lifeline to the success of your business and the key to ongoing profitability.
Getting this right protects the reputation of your business; avoids punitive fines; engenders trust and ensures that you don’t lose out to your competition.
- 07:45am - Arrival
- 08:00am - Full English Breakfast
- 08.30am - Panel of speakers and Q&A
- 09:30am - Further networking and chance to speak to panel members
- 10:00am - Close
All information used in this presentation relating to GDPR is produced by Natwest, Surrey Chambers and Woking Works for information purposes only, and is for the sole use of attendees.