One Size Doesn't Fit All: How to Cultivate a Happy & Engaged Workforce
- 8 May 2019, 8:30 AM — 12:00 PM
- Organised by:
- Surrey Chambers of Commerce
- HG Wells Conference & Events Centre
- Member Rate: £25.00 +VAT | Non Member Rate: £30.00 +VAT |
Did you know?
- Happy employees take 10X fewer sick days and stay in their role for twice as long.
- 89% of employers think their staff leave for more money, but actually it's only 12% of employees that leave for that reason.
- Only 16% of employees said they felt “connected and engaged” by employers
- Employees who feel their voice is heard at work are 4.6 times more likely to feel empowered to perform their best work
Google’s culture is the most famous and arguably the best example of Company Culture in today’s society, from their TGIF (Thank-god its Friday) meetings, Metronaps allowing employees to improve mood & alertness, all the way to indoor slides & mini golf on the roof. But what even is company culture? Definition: “Company Culture encompasses values and behaviours that contribute to the unique social and psychological environment of a business.”
Surrey Chamber of Commerce's mini conference run in partnership with Breathe, will focus in on why this is such a critical topic now more than ever, do we feel there is a need for our culture to keep up with the ever-changing world we live in? Should it be something that is enforced or does it happen naturally? Are you doing it right in the first place, if we feel the need to talk about it?
Alongside our keynote Speaker Jonathan Richards, Founder & CEO of Breathe, we will have the company of three amazing case studies from our very own businesses in Surrey. Each business has their own story, their own team and their own culture but what differentiates these three companies from the rest? They will be discussing how their regular practices keep their team happy, ensure a high staff retention rate and how the right company culture can drastically Improve income for your business.
08:30-09:00 Registration & Breakfast
09:15-09:45 Jonathan Richards, Breathe
09:45-10:05 Helen Martin, Kelly’s Storage
10:05-10:30 Networking break, Exhibitions & Refreshments
10:35-10:55 George Robinson, Bradbury Robinson
10:55-11:15 Mike Turner, youbecome