Woking Borough Council
Senior Recovery Officer
- Borough Council
- Business sector
- Local Authority
- Woking Town Centre
- Full time
- Salary range £30,551 - £37,044 per annum, dependent on experience, plus flexible benefits allowance of £2,007
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Recovery Officer to join our busy team.
The main duties of the role include:
- Direct line manager to a team currently consisting of 3 Officers, responsible for the recovery of unpaid council tax and business rates
- Carry out staff appraisals and monitor staff performance
- Provide recovery training
- Review recovery processes, create, update and maintain recovery procedures
- Author recovery timetables and ensure they are followed
- Monitor accounts that are in arrears and ensure appropriate recovery action is taken
- Represent the Council at Magistrates Court liability order hearings
- Monitor the performance of debt collection companies
- Investigate and reply to complaints
- Assist in activities relating to the collection of council tax and business ates
Due to its nature, applicants must have previous experience in this or a similar role within local government. Applicants must have excellent communication, be discreet and tactful, confident and able to work independently and within a team.
The Council offers in return a generous flexi time scheme with the ability to take two flexi days a month, membership of the local government pension scheme, discounted health and leisure membership, plus many more excellent benefits.
Upon successful completion of the probationary period, you will have the opportunity to study for a specialist professional qualification, such as those awarded by the IRRV.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Terry Stocks, Revenues Team Manager, on 01483 743231 or Rachel Evans, Senior Revenues Officer on 01483 743237
Interviews will take place: 26/28 July 2022
How to apply
Woking Borough Council values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please apply online via the link provided.
- Woking Borough Council
We strive to be an innovative, proactive and effective council.
The ethos that drives our elected members (councillors) and officers is one of always looking ahead, working closely with our strategic partners to shape and deliver services that improve the lives of the community.
We’re committed to developing our employees and enabling them to achieve their full potential, and are keen to work together to create interesting and exciting learning and development opportunities. From job shadowing to professional qualifications, if it will help you to do your job then we want to discuss it with you.
Employee wellbeing is also highly valued by our teams and managers. We offer wellbeing initiatives all year round and an openness to working flexibly. We want our employees to feel valued and enjoy working for us.
- Web site
- 01483 755855