15 November 2022
Woking Community Fund Is Looking For New Members To Join Its Panel Board
Woking Community Fund (WCF) is our local area philanthropic fund charged with providing financial support to local charities and good causes addressing areas of need and deprivation in the Borough of Woking. It has been in existence since 2012 and has so far granted over £107,000 to local charities.
More information can be found at Woking Community Fund as it is one of a family of local area funds that is looked after by the Community Foundation for Surrey.
Woking Community Fund is currently looking for 2-3 new members for its Fund Panel. Whilst the role is similar to that of a Charity Trustee, the position does not involve the statutory responsibilities of being a Trustee. It is an unpaid, voluntary, position. The WCF Panel Board is responsible for:
- Raising funding and donations into the Fund from local individuals and businesses;
- Deciding which local charitable organisations / projects to distribute grants to;
- Driving the strategic development and growth of the Fund
Ideal candidates will have some or all of the following qualities:
- A passion to improve the lives of local people in Woking, especially those experiencing disadvantage
- An understanding and/or experience of the voluntary sector in Woking
- Knowledge / experience of fundraising / philanthropic giving
- Professional skills such as IT, Marketing, Fundraising, Events Organisation, or Business Networking
- Strategic vision for the short, medium, and long term future
- Ability to network in the local community vii) Ability to operate as part of a close team.
Fund Panel members are expected to attend Panel meetings which are held at least quarterly either face-to-face or by Zoom, each lasting approx. 1 hour, as well as other ad hoc and specific strategic and operational meetings. These can be arranged flexibly to accommodate Panel members in full-time employment.
Panel members are also expected to use their own initiative, take on some personal responsibilities, and deliver these in their own time.
For more information about the application process please contact [email protected]