Way to Work is a new partnership between government and employers to get 500,000 jobseekers into work by the end of June 2022.
This partnership will help fill record numbers of vacancies, supporting job-ready people into the labour market and helping them progress into a career.
Whether you’re a jobseeker finding your way back into work, or an employer who’s looking for a way to get the right person to help their business, Jobcentre Plus and Way to Work can help.
WAY TO WORK FOR JOBSEEKERS
There are 1.2 million vacancies to fill, so there are lots of opportunities, many of which need no prior experience.
Work Coaches will now offer increased dedicated face-to-face time for jobseekers, and this tailored support will significantly improve your chances of finding work.
This will be backed up by a focus on taking a job within the first four weeks of your claim, which will help prevent you ending up out of work for a prolonged period.
Meanwhile, Jobcentre Plus is engaging directly with employers across booming sectors like construction, social care and transport and logistics, and together we’re organising over 350 jobs fairs across every region in the coming months.
Contact your Work Coach today to find out how they can help you find your Way to Work.
And take a look at our advice on how to get started in some of the sectors that are recruiting right now:
WAY TO WORK FOR EMPLOYERS
If you’re looking to fill a vacancy, Jobcentre Plus will offer you a named employer adviser in your local jobcentre, or a dedicated national account manager if you’re a national employer.
Jobcentre Plus has a range of recruitment services that can help you, including:
- the opportunity to be introduced to people looking for work through a variety of platforms, including recruitment days and other events
- working closely with you to simplify and shorten the recruitment process, so we can put forward better matched candidates to interview
- help setting up work trials to give you the opportunity to see what potential recruits have to offer
- advice about offering work experience and apprenticeships
- support from other employment schemes including Sector-based Work Academy Programmes and business mentoring
- support if you employ someone with a disability (Access to Work)
- advice and guidance on employing someone with a disability or health condition
Do you want free support with your recruitment?
Our tailored Employer Offer includes:
Online Job Listing
You can advertise your vacancies at no cost using our Jobs portal - www.gov.uk/advertise-job
We can advertise and promote your vacancies directly in our Jobcentres, as well as via our social media accounts.
We can organise local recruitment events/Job fairs for you and supply suitable candidates for interview.
We can prepare jobseekers for your vacancies with sector based training (SWAPs). We may also be able to fund individuals with the tools and equipment they need to take up a job.
The above are just examples of the support you can access.
For more information visit Jobcentre Plus help for recruiters - GOV.UK
Contact our Employer Engagement Team at [email protected] (and quote Woking in the subject line).